There are many seemingly insignificant things that cost us more money than we can know they do. As a matter of fact, they cost us more money than we can afford to lose to them, things as minute as leaking taps, faulty pipes, and even bad doors and spoilt TV’s.
You’re probably wondering how these things even cost you money in the first place. Well here’s how; faulty taps leak water by drops and you lose as much 4000 drips from just one tap in a day, that equals a liter a day from every water emitting device in your home. Bad doors creak when they move and they sometimes refuse to lock; when they creak and make noise they cost you some peace and quiet and as an extension peace of mind and maybe some sleep too. Bad TV’s actually don’t let you get your money’ worth as regards subscribing to TV stations because the faultier they are the more difficult it is for you and your family to enjoy the TV shows and music channels you paid for.
The solution? Get a handyman to fix things for you. You’re probably thinking of paying someone else to do things you may as well do yourself is wasting money, but it’s not. Before we launch into how handymen can help you save money let us highlight some of the things they do; they paint, they fix taps, they repair TVs, they do the gardening, they do carpentry work, they help to hang huge delicate things in the house…the list goes on and on… And here’s how they help you save money:
1. When you try to fix these things yourself, you may be doing more harm even if it doesn’t seem so at first. Particularly with electronic devices, most of them have internally based faults so when you attempt to fix them yourself by losing a knot or two and then instead break something else on your way, you finally have to pay someone else more than you would have to fix TWO things now instead of one.
2. Handymen KNOW exactly what they are doing. As a matter of fact, you would not be too far from the truth if you described them as having a career in fixing things. So when you contact them you rest assured that your problem has been solved and you would not be spending any more money or losing any more peace of mind over that.
3. Sometimes you have to buy the tools to fix things with when you want to fix them yourself and thereby spending money on something that will most probably end up in the basement. But you can save yourself that money when you hire a handyman because a handyman they also HAVE the right tools to fix things with. So it is wiser and cost-effective to leave the job to someone with the right equipment.
4. Handymen save you the stress of doing menial work as I said earlier; it is their job to fix and paint and weed and hang things. If you tried to hang that painting yourself, you might end up dropping it and maybe even breaking it or giving it a scratch and hence losing a part of whatever amount you purchased it with.
5. Handymen also save you the time you may have futilely spent in trying to fix these, and we all know time is money. Because the handyman knows what he is doing, he’ll take lesser time doing it.
6. Finally, on a less formal note, handymen give you someone to blame when a problem becomes bigger than you planned it to be.